Thursday, March 20, 2008

Second Strongest Argument

My second strongest argument is that it all comes down to choice. People should have right to choose what they want to eat. People have freedom of speech, and the right to bear arms- yet the government is trying to take away their choice of foods? The government claims that they 'regulate' and 'monitor' alcohol- yet the United States has the highest percentage of alcohol abuse in the world. If a person wants to eat healthy five or six days a week and then once or twice have a special treat, what's the harm? Many people don't want to be told what to eat. As simplistic as it sounds, people value their freedom of choice. There are much important issue at hand, that the government should be much more concerned with soldiers at war or the economy than what people are putting into their mouths.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Well, I thought that I disagreed with you at first, but you completely changed my mind with this argument. The government should be more concerned with the safety of its people as opposed to the food they eat.

Reina said...

I completely agree with this argument. Like Kyle, I was previously for the government control but then I realized that I wouldn't want to be told what I can and can't eat. I mean we all have freedom as Americans and therefore we should have the freedom to eat whatever we want with whatever ingredients.